EASTON JUDO CLUB
Discover Judo For Yourself
Join us for a free, no obligation, taster session to see what its all about.
Who Are We?
As a club, we have been running since 2001 and have taught Judo to people of all ages ranging from 6 to 60. We create a stress free and safe environment where Judo can be learn’t, developed and enjoyed by everyone.
Our club is governed by the British Judo Council (Martial Arts Circle) which was formed in 1968 by Mr. Kenshiro Abbe, 8th Dan Judo and a 6th or 7th Dan in many other Japanese martial arts. Mr. Abbe, the son of a Kendo master (Japanese Swordsman), trained at the Butokukai in Kyoto which, was the main rival of and usually the victor over, the Kodokan in Tokyo. He won the then equivalent of the Open Weight at the World Championship, the All Japan Championship, three times. To this day, Mr. Abbe’s teachings live on through the generations of students that have followed since.
Why Choose Judo?
Judo is a sport that brings many benefits. These benefits can not only help to better your physical health but also you mental wellbeing.
Through learning Judo students will :
- Develop physical fitness
- Grow in strength and flexibility
- Increase speed and agility
- Greater endurance
- Good static and dynamic balance
- Improved reaction time
- Excellent coordination
Through learning Judo students will learn:
- To control their feelings, emotions, and impulses
- About the nature of competition
- How to overcome their fears
- How to show courage in the face of pressure or fear
- The value of a solid work ethic
- Valuable social skills
- To build meaningful relationships with others